Come for a night out and help us raise funds for Alburnus Maior, the NGO that has been leading the Rosia Montana locals’ resistance against the mining project proposed by Gabriel Resources.
Sunday, October 20, 2013
Holy Oak Café
1241 Bloor Street West, Toronto, Ontario
We’ll gather to listen to some great music and contribute to a cause we care for deeply. Entertainment will include:
Entertainment will include:
- Nomadica (Balkan) performing with guests from Lemon Bucket Orchestra
- Ventanas (Flamenco/Balkan)
- Mokosh (Ukrainian/Balkan)
- Beaujour (Balkan/Celtic)
- Shirlita Pili (Flamenco)
- John David Williams & Emily Stam
- Undine Company with guest dancer Stephania Woloshyn
- Ioana Timariu
- Miruna Soiu
- Comedian Heather Mclean
Your special MC for the night: one and only Charlie!
- PWYC, $10 suggested.
- Proceeds from this fundraiser to go to Alburnus Maior, Rosia Montana guardian & NGO.
Here is one of the reasons why Alburnus Maior needs our support: The “Save Rosia Montana” campaign is trying to shake up the media blockade through its newspaper Apusenii Liberi. This is a much needed informative outlet for the opposition to the Rosia Montana mining project. This newspaper’s main goal is to reach out to as many people in the area as possible, and give Romanian people an opportunity to make a truly informed decision regarding their stance on the exploitation proposed by Gabriel Resources.
- Facebook event – https://www.facebook.com/events/1414412338787120
- Rosia Montana Pictures – http://www.flickr.com/photos/9580142@N08/sets/72157636362671666/
- Apusenii Liberi – http://
- Alburnus Maior – http://www.rosiamontana.org/ro/despre-alburnus-maior
- Holy Oak Cafe – http://holyoakcafe.com/listings/