This summer, Lemon Bucket Orkestra will travel coast to coast with their balkan-klezmer-gypsy-punk party to tour CANADA!
But first, they are going to say goodbye (for now) to their beloved hometown with a HUGE SHOW. Join them as they take over Lee’s Palace. They’ll be playing all night, so come out ready to dance and sweat till the early hours of the morning!
Lemon Bucket Orkestra Tour Kickoff Show
Thursday, June 26, 2014 at 8:30 PM
529 Bloor Street West, Toronto
- In person at La Palette (492 Queen St. West)
- In person at Sunrise Records (336 Yonge St.)
- Online at http://www.ticketfly.com/purchase/event/585681
LBO Canadian Tour 2014
- June 20: WINDSOR, ON – Carrousel Of The Nations – SERBIAN FLOOD RELIEF BENEFIT
- June 21/22: HALIFAX, NS – Halifax Multicultural Festival
- June 26: TORONTO, ON – HOMETOWN SENDOFF SHOW- Lee’s Palace
- June 28 – July 3: MONTREAL, QC – Montreal Jazz Festival
- July 3/4: LONDON, ON – Sunfest
- July 5/6: SUDBURY, ON – Northern Lights Festival
- July 8/9: HALIFAX, NS – Halifax Jazz Festival
- July 10/11: CALGARY, AB – Calgary Stampede
- July 12: EDMONTON, AB – Shumka Stage
- July 13: CALGARY, AB – Ship & Anchor
- July 16: BANFF, AB – Wild Bill’s
- July 18-20: VANCOUVER, BC – Vancouver Folk Festival
- July 24-27: MISSION, BC – Mission Folk Festival
- July 29 – August 1: OTTAWA, ON – Ottawa Chamberfest
- August 2: OTTAWA, ON – Animate the Capital (parade)
- August 6: KAMOURASKA, QC – La Vieille-École
- August 7: St. ANNE DU MONTS, QC – The Sea Shack
- August 9: GASPE, QC – Bout du Monde Festival
- August 13: LAC MEGANTIC, QC – BENEFIT SHOW-Terrasse du Centre Sportif Mégantic
- August 14-16: SHERBROOKE, QC – Traditions Du Monde
- August 25: MONTREAL, QC – Jewish Montreal Festival
- August 28: MIDLAND, ON – Brookside Midland Cultural Centre
- August 30/31: TORONTO, ON – Ashkenaz Festival
- September 6: GUELPH, ON – Guelph Jazz Festival
- September 7: ORILLIA, ON – Ashiko World Music Festival
Lemon Bucket Orchestra
- The Lemon Bucket Orkestra is Toronto’s only Balkan-Klezmer-Gypsy-Party-Punk Super-Band.
- The band grew out of a conversation between a Breton accordionist and a Ukrainian fiddler in a Vietnamese restaurant on Yonge Street. Mark Marczyk had just spent two years in Ukraine playing with the urban folk band Ludy Dobri while Tangi Ropars had returned to his place of birth after a lifetime of Celtic folk. They soon discovered that others, too, were craving the energy of Eastern European folk music in the streets and clubs of Toronto and joined a band calling themselves Worldly Savages.
- The Lemon Bucket Orkestra erupted from Worldly Savages notorious afterparties, at which the boys would often play till dawn. In a few short months, the original quartet swelled into a fourteen-piece band which is gaining a reputation as Toronto’s liveliest party band. Their explosive take on Ukrainian, ex-Yugoslavian, Romani and other traditional songs and their desire to play anywhere and everywhere has lit up Toronto’s urban folk scene.