International Diaspora Film Festival (IDFF) is screening a film by the Romanian director Anca Damian.
Crulic. The Path to the Beyond / Crulic, drumul spre dincolo (2011)
Saturday, November 3, 2012 @ 5:15 PM
Innis Town Hall, 2 Sussex Avenue, Toronto
Anca Damian’s feature film is a Romanian-Polish production that tells the true story of Claudiu Crulica, a Romanian citizen who was arrested in Poland on unclear grounds for the theft of a wallet. Held in a Cracow prison, and after unsuccessfully protesting his innocence through official channels, Crulic went on a four-month long hunger strike that eventually cost him his life. Damian’s documentary tells his story exclusively through animation, which proves an effective means of signalling the real-life absence of its main subject. Winner of a number of film
awards, including the IFFS Don Quixote Award (2011) and the Special Jury Prize at the 2011 Warsaw Film Festival.
Poland-Romania 2011; English Subtitles, Colour/Black & White, 72 min.
Directed and Written by: Anca Damian
Graphics and Animation: Dan Panaitescu, Raluca Popa, Dragos Stefan, Roxana Bentu, Tuliu Oltean
Music: Piotr Dziubek
- IDFF: http://diasporafilmfest.com/2012/10/07/crulic-the-path-to-beyond/
- WEBSITE: http://www.crulic.ro
- FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/CrulicMovie
- FESTIVAL PASSE: $80
- INDIVIDUAL SCREENING TICKETS: $10
- SELECTED SCREENINGS: FREE
- BUY: https://diasporafilmfest.ticketbud.com/international-diaspora-film-festival
International Diaspora Film Festival (IDFF)
- Twitter: twitter.com/diasporafest
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DiasporaFF